IEC Internship 2022/2023, How to Apply For IEC Internship and Application Closing Date
Do you want to participate in a South African Internship Programme in 2022? Applications for the IEC Internships Program are now being accepted. The following is a list of the actions you’ll need to complete the application.
IEC Internship 2022/2023, How to Apply Online, Internship Requirements, Eligibility, Application Form Pdf Download, Application Deadline, Wage Scale, Sample Interview Questions, and more.
IEC Internship 2022 Application Details
INTERNSHIP: COMMUNICATION AND RESEARCH – WC/2022/22270 Internship
The Intern will report to the Assistant Manager: Outreach.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the Internship programme of the Electoral Commission, a state institution established in terms of Chapter 9 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
It is the Commission’s intention to promote equity.
PERSONS MUST NOT HAVE BEEN AN INTERN OR WORKED BEFORE IN THE FIELD OF THEIR SPECIFIC STUDY.
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you’re looking to start your communications career in a pre-eminent election management body, then this might just be the role for you!
Were currently looking for an intern to join our winning Outreach team.
Key performance areas:
- A 24-month internship program designed to provide recently qualified graduates with a unique opportunity to gain valuable skills in a supportive environment, learning on-the-job and work experience.
Training will be provided for and assistance needed with the following:
- Conceptualisation and development of the provincial Communication strategy and plans.
- Drafting of proposals.
- Promotion of democracy education and understanding, as well as advocating and enhancing the brand of the Electoral Commission.
- Co-coordination of communication plans, both internal and external.
- Maintaining liaison with all major communications stakeholders including the print and electronic media.
- Promote the publicity plans of the province.
- Promotion of internal publication tools and monitoring progress in the communications area.
- Research in electoral processes, situational conditions across the municipalities in the province.
- Analysis of organisational data that relates to various aspects of internal operations including past elections.
- Conducting comparative research of electoral processes.
- As part of the provincial team, assist with other initiatives in the province, including Electoral Operations and Civic & Democracy Education.
Assist with the following general administrative duties
- Minute taking, report writing, preparing presentations, routine enquiries.
- Compile, distribute documents/packages to stakeholders, and such tasks as is required by supervisor.
- Maintaining the filing system for the office.
- Maintaining incoming and outgoing correspondence of the component and coordinate meetings.
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in one of these fields: Communications/ Public Relations/ Media Studies.
- It is preferred for the candidate to be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively (in writing and verbally).
- Computer literate, familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to learn to work with new software and applications.
- Ability to use research tools will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must have the following attributes
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team under supervision.
- Time management.
- Confident in engaging with other role-players.
- Dedication to the tasks at hand and willingness to work long hours when needed.
- Service driven.
- Willingness to work with youth.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organisational and problem-solving skills.
Applications must be accompanied by a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents. Failure to attach the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates and interviews will be conducted on a date and time specified by the Interview panel.
The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position after advertising it and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post. Although advertised, a position may be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NB! Applicants must be 35 years of age or below and must not have been an intern or worked in their field of study before to qualify for this programme. Applicants will be subjected to a risk assessment.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- All successful permanent candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter with a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae;
- a copy of all qualification documents;
- a copy of identity document; and
- a copy of driver’s licence (if required).
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- A probation period of twelve months will be applicable to permanent employees.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.
How to Apply For IEC Internship 2022
Click Here to Apply Online for the IEC Internship
However, if you have any queries Regarding IEC Internship kindly leave a comment below and we shall provide you with the information you need As soon as possible.